Friday 23 July 2010

Claire’s blog – I’m back in the saddle!

Sunday saw me get back on a bike for the first time in well over 30 years! Twice round mum’s driveway and then an attempt at the steep slope – which I made on the first go! Brain pounding as hard as my heart I set off down the road, nice and steady, all downhill to the first bit of flat road and then the next steep incline. I almost made it to the top before I had to walk the last bit!

Down another incline to a one way system, a huge roundabout which I managed twice before heading back up the hill for mum’s! I made the entire round trip in 15 to 20 mins, it nearly killed me but I did it!


Day 2 - OMG it’s a killer!
Out of mum’s drive, down to the one way system and twice round. I then decided to head for the port! Blanes is a very steep mountain so the route down is very fast, and I was aware of the fast traffic as I approached the motorway bridge. On to the ring road, round a roundabout before another steep downhill to the port!

Called into Ben’s office but he was out and then I set off for Mood! A 5 minute break there and I turned round and set off for the office to get Ben to give me a lift back up the mountain!

Suspect I've covered around 4 - 5 km on day 2, in 40 degrees heat! Ben's mega impressed with his older big sis!

Stay tuned! Lol!


Day 3 and even I'm getting impressed with my progress!

A very steady day out on the boat, languishing in the Mediterranean sunshine, brought us back to terra firma having not managed my bike ride all day! Ben decided to take me into Palma and we cycled along the whole of Palma front from Porta Pi to very near the airport and back! I was nowhere close to Ben’s pace, although Ben said that at some points I was well on his standard pace!

A good 10k and chasing Ben was great fun and the only thing to suffer are my bits! God the saddle hurts a gal when it’s unused to being made to sit on a bike seat!

Oxygen mask not required - a truss, however, may be!

Stay tuned!

Claire x

No comments:

Post a Comment