Thursday 29 July 2010

Spanish cycling continues for Claire…

After a long leisurely Sunday lunch with all the family, I got back on the saddle and followed the 5k route I did on day 5. I was impressed to find that I was 10 minutes faster - no struggling up hills this time… and I was punching out a much better pace!

I didn't get to ride Monday and Tuesday due to being busy… but I made up for it on Wednesday… Dave and I did a cracking 10k in an hour! Shaz, Dave’s Mrs, stayed back at the apartment, looked after our four kids and, God bless her, had a healthy dinner ready for us on our return!

The highlight of the ride was me pumping up Wellies hill – I made it to the top without stopping! Anyone who knows the area finds walking up that hill a killer, let alone cycling up it!

Ben’s chuffed to bits with my progress and reckons, if I maintain my pace, that I should in theory be able to do a 200km stint on the challenge next year!

Now who’s living in cloud cuckoo land?

Keep you posted! x

No comments:

Post a Comment